We are very aware of the impact COVID has had on other sectors, particularly hospitality. We have teamed up with Hospitality Ulster to extend an invitation to people, formerly employed in...Read more
Praxis Care – Recruiting now – HR Director
Praxis Care – Recruiting now – HR Director
Praxis Care is a charity which works alongside people affected by mental ill health, learning/intellectual disabilities, autism spectrum conditions and dementia. We believe that complex needs should not prevent someone from having the opportunity of community living. Providing a person with the right living environment, with a person-centred support package, shaped around their needs and aspirations makes that possible and offers meaningful choice about the lives they lead.
We are passionate about our people and recognise that their engagement and professionalism is central to our ability to support our service users. The HR Director will be responsible for the development and delivery of HR and L&D strategies to facilitate the delivery of the highest standards of operational services.
Praxis Care currently has 1,600 staff across the 4 jurisdictions of Northern Ireland, ROI, England and Isle of Man. We support over 1,500 adults and children in over 80 different locations, and aim to expand to support 3000 individuals by 2027.
- Leadership: Provide clear strategic leadership and operational direction to ensure that HR and L&D have highly skilled, flexible, focused and motivated teams.
- Strategic Planning and Organisational Development: Develop and implement a data driven HR strategy and plan in line with best practice, which supports effective resource planning and the continued growth of the organisation.
- Service Delivery: Champion a performance culture and continuously review productivity and quality of service.
- Culture and Engagement: Build on communication, engagement, wellbeing, talent development and retention strategies to ensure attraction and retention of employees.
- Organisation Development and Change Management: Lead innovation and change, to underpin the modernisation of services.
- Employee Relations: Champion adherence to the employee relation’s framework, give counsel to directors and ensure effective ER management across the relevant jurisdictions.
- Pay and Benefits: Develop remuneration policies and advise on pay and benefits packages to attract and retain high quality candidates in an evolving marketplace.
- Corporate Management & Governance: Contribute to corporate decision making within the Senior Leadership Team end ensure that all governance, regulatory and risk management requirements are met for the HR & L&D functions.
- Budget Management and Reporting.
Location of Post
Based at our Head Office on the Lisburn Road, Belfast there is flexibility to work between the office and home.
Remuneration & Benefits
- Basic salary £62,097 to £79,561 p.a. commensurate with experience.
- An attractive pension contribution, contribution towards private Health Care, Income Protection and Car Allowance of £1,000 per annum.
Essential criteria for shortlist:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in human resources with a breadth of responsibility across the HR functions.
- At least 5 years’ experience working at management level in an organisation of similar scale or complexity.
- Demonstrable evidence of implementing progressive People and Culture initiatives delivering value to both organisation performance and employee experience.
- Experience of building strong collaborative relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders forming lasting and productive partnerships.
- Working knowledge of the employment legislation landscape and of managing employee relations issues directly or through a team, to ensure good governance, fairness and effective risk management.
- Successful candidates will be required to travel regularly across the various Praxis sites. Appointees must have access to a form of transport.
- Third level qualification in a relevant field or equivalent.
- Member of the CIPD.
- Previous experience working within a charity / voluntary sector organisation.
- Understanding of employment legislation across some or all of the relevant jurisdictions to Praxis Care gained through experience.
- The successful candidate will ideally have a passion for health and social care and an understanding of the sector.
Praxis Care is an Equal Opportunities Employer
If you are interested in learning more or want to submit an application please request an information and application pack by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.
- 02 Oct 2019
Last week we hosted the Praxis Care Annual ROI Conference covering the topic of “Building Castles in the Sky: The Future of services for Children with Intellectual Disability, Mental Ill...Read more